* Problems with babel reading Japanese paths in Windows
@ 2022-03-11  7:47 Jonathan Nogueira
From: Jonathan Nogueira @ 2022-03-11  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've been working with emacs and org on Windows 10.0.19042 and was recently
trying to get babel to produce plantuml diagrams.

I've managed to (I think) narrow the issue down to Babel either not being
able to read/write Japanese paths to shell commands, as when I attempt to
build the diagrams in folders with only ASCII paths, they build fine, but
when babel attempts to execute any source code for paths that contain
Japanese characters, babel gives back the cmd error "The System Cannot Find
the Path Specified."

I'm assuming this is a string quotation problem or something similar but
I'm not sure where to look to fix this.

Jonathan Nogueira

* Re: Problems with babel reading Japanese paths in Windows
@ 2022-03-12 12:48 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-03-12 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Nogueira; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jonathan Nogueira <jontnog@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been working with emacs and org on Windows 10.0.19042 and was recently
> trying to get babel to produce plantuml diagrams.
>
> I've managed to (I think) narrow the issue down to Babel either not being
> able to read/write Japanese paths to shell commands, as when I attempt to
> build the diagrams in folders with only ASCII paths, they build fine, but
> when babel attempts to execute any source code for paths that contain
> Japanese characters, babel gives back the cmd error "The System Cannot Find
> the Path Specified."

I do not use Windows, but I recall somewhat relevant discussion on
planuml recently:
https://orgmode.org/list/5d7eba13-b717-a12a-5f89-7d2c9414917e@gmail.com

It seems that plantuml might have some issues with UTF unless you pass
relevant command line args.

Did you try to run plantuml manually from windows cmd using the
problematic path?

Best,
Ihor

* Re: Problems with babel reading Japanese paths in Windows
@ 2022-03-14 12:16   ` Jonathan Nogueira
From: Jonathan Nogueira @ 2022-03-14 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

 I did and it seems to work fine, I also tested this using plantuml-mode's
normal compliation procedure.

This seems to specifically be a problem with org-mode and babel's
compilation

Thanks for your help!

@ 2022-03-21  7:12     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-03-21  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Nogueira; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jonathan Nogueira <jontnog@gmail.com> writes:

>  I did and it seems to work fine, I also tested this using plantuml-mode's
> normal compliation procedure.
>
> This seems to specifically be a problem with org-mode and babel's
> compilation

Then, could you provide an example source block and the command line
emitted as a message (check *Messages* buffer)?

The command line should look like
/usr/bin/plantuml -headless -tsvg -p  < /tmp/babel-ZAByvH/plantuml-u8GI9c > /home/yantar92/.data/f3/a91376-6b63-4112-b998-e6740b72333e/test.svg

Once you find the command line, also check the contents of
/tmp/babel-ZAByvH/plantuml-u8GI9c (it will be a different file in your
case) and share the contents here.

Best,
Ihor