Hi Ihor and Stefan, Considering the separate cases of: • Installing an Org version different to the bundled Org • Having a development Org version with some slightly-out-of-date cache/autoload files. I’d think the second case has a dramatically reduced chance of issues. Could it be reasonable to change the `org-assert-version' check to act like so? • Check if `org-version' matches, if not error • If `org-version' matches, but `org-git-version' does not, show a warning message. Alternatively, we could create a variable `org-assert-version-allow-git-mismatch' which can be set before loading Org (by people who know what they’re doing, e.g. Stefan) to enable this proposed behaviour. What do you think? All the best, Timothy