That makes sense. Yes it breaks some of my snippets which have a condition texmathp (I don't write latex without enclosing in latex math environment in org). Its an easy enough fix for me though: (add-hook 'org-cdlatex-mode-hook (lambda () (advice-remove 'texmathp 'org--math-always-on))) does the trick. Justin Ihor Radchenko writes: > Justin Silverman writes: > >> Thanks for the quick response. I just had a chance to check it out. Unfortunately (unless I am mistaken), with the change, `texmathp' is now always returning t... which is not very helpful. > > Not exactly. I just tried to follow the docstring > > (defun org--math-always-on (orig-fun &rest args) > "Always return t in Org buffers. > This is because we want to insert math symbols without dollars even outside > the LaTeX math segments. If Org mode thinks that point is actually inside > an embedded LaTeX fragment, let `texmathp' do its job. > `\\[org-cdlatex-mode-map]'" > > So, `texmathp' will return t outside latex, inside inline latex, and > _maybe_ inside latex environments. Only inside latex environments, Org > delegates the job to `textmathp'. > > Let me know if this change broke any real workflows.