Lionel Henry writes: > Thanks for looking into this. I think you're right it's probably > caused by ESS now setting the width on startup. In that case you could > fix your tests by setting `options(width = )` to some hardcoded value. > You could do it via `ess-r-post-run-hook`. I tried using `ess-r-post-run-hook', but it fails for some reason. See the attached patch. With the patch, the tests fail with Test ob-session-async-R-value-drawer condition: (user-error "ESS process not ready. Finish your command before trying again") In contrast, directly editing `ess-r-initialize' like ;; (ess-execute-screen-options t) (ess-command (ess-calculate-width 9999)) does not fail and make all the tests pass. Is there anything I am missing about `ess-r-post-run-hook'?