* org-export-blocks
@ 2009-07-14 15:06 Simon Mullis
From: Simon Mullis @ 2009-07-14 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi All,

I'm looking at org-export-blocks; specifically exporting ascii
diagrams with ditaa.

I've got my diagram, I'm in org-mode. How can I actually start the
export?  C-c C-e does not give me the option to export anything other
than "the usual suspects" (html, calendar, ascii etc etc)... I know
the diagram works fine running ditaa directly.

I'm using org-mode 6.14 and Gnu/Emacs 23.0.91.1(Ubuntu Jaunty)

Thanks in advance for any pointers or tips

SM

* Re: org-export-blocks
@ 2009-07-14 16:02 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2009-07-14 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Mullis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Simon Mullis <simon@mullis.co.uk> writes:

> Hi All,

Hello,

> I've got my diagram, I'm in org-mode. How can I actually start the
> export?  C-c C-e does not give me the option to export anything other
> than "the usual suspects" (html, calendar, ascii etc etc)... I know
> the diagram works fine running ditaa directly.

Actually, you just export you whole org file to whatever format you like
(provided it can handle your diagram) and your diagram will
automatically be included in the resulting file.

HTH,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [SOLVED] org-export-blocks
@ 2009-07-14 16:09 ` Simon Mullis
From: Simon Mullis @ 2009-07-14 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Fixed...

I had to add

"(load "/usr/share/org-mode/lisp/org-exp-blocks.el")"

to my .emacs

Thanks

SM

(a 10+ year Vi/Vim veteran who turned to the light a few months ago...)

--
Simon Mullis
_________________

* Re: Re: [SOLVED] org-export-blocks
@ 2009-07-15  7:10   ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2009-07-15  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode, Simon Mullis

-- Mar 14/7/09, Simon Mullis <simon@mullis.co.uk> ha scritto:

> (a 10+ year Vi/Vim veteran who turned to the light a few
> months ago...)

with Viper, I suppose ;-)

see also:
http://upsilon.cc/~zack/tags/emacs/

cheers,
Giovanni

* Re: Re: [SOLVED] org-export-blocks
@ 2009-07-15  8:47     ` Simon Mullis
From: Simon Mullis @ 2009-07-15  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Haha!

Interesting comment.  I did try it for about 20 minutes but the sheer
effort involved with stopping the decade-reinforced, Tourette-like
hand spasms (":", ":wq"  and so on) made this much more tricky for me.
 In the end I printed out a couple of Emacs cheat sheets and pinned
them up next to monitors.... That and a few weeks of _only_ Emacs and
I was OK.

Another interesting element of the whole experience was migrating from
Ruby to using Python exclusively at the same time...

It was an interesting few weeks!

I have to be honest, I now wish I'd given Emacs more of a chance years ago.

Next the aim is to see how much of all my other tools I can replace
with Emacs (already using Gnus, org-mode etc).

SM

--
Simon Mullis
_________________

@ 2009-07-16 21:09   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-16 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Mullis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Simon,

Simon Mullis <simon@mullis.co.uk> writes:

> "(load "/usr/share/org-mode/lisp/org-exp-blocks.el")"

The convention is to "require" a feature rather than to load a file:

  (require 'org-exp-blocks)

The feature 'org-exp-blocks is provided by the library at the end:

  (provide 'org-exp-blocks)

HTH,

PS: welcome to the light side...

--
 Bastien

* Re: Re: [SOLVED] org-export-blocks
@ 2009-07-21 15:08     ` Simon Mullis
From: Simon Mullis @ 2009-07-21 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but I found this pretty funny....

I was using Vim today (which I still occassionally do) and could not
figure out why my save wasn't working for the doc I was editing.
After numerous attempts, I looked down and saw my fingers were trying
"C-x C-s"...

That's a first for me!

After weeks/months of trying not to use Vim :wq in Emacs I am now no
longer able to use anything but Notepad..

;-)

SM

--
Simon Mullis