From: lukasz.stelmach@iem.pw.edu.pl (Łukasz Stelmach)
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Sending org-mode nodes
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:03:43 +0100	[thread overview]

Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> writes:

> lukasz.stelmach@iem.pw.edu.pl writes:
>> Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> writes:
>>> //....//
>>>

>>> In that case, each mail sent from the subtree would have the same
>>> message-ID, which is invalid, since the ID is made to identify a certain
>>> email. It's supposed to be world wide unique for at least two years.
>>>
>>> Your provider would replace your (probably invalid) ID anyway.
>>
>> I've written *derived* which means
>> org-<ID>-<current-time>-<user-mail-address> also fits. Right?
>
> Not sure. I only remember bad things with self generated
> message-IDs. But I never tried it myself. Reading the RFCs will help.

RFC 2822
   The "Message-ID:" field provides a unique message identifier that
   refers to a particular version of a particular message.  The
   uniqueness of the message identifier is guaranteed by the host that
   generates it (see below). (...) a good method is to put the
   domain name (or a domain literal IP address) of the host on which the
   message identifier was created on the right hand side of the "@", and
   put a combination of the current absolute date and time along with
   some other currently unique (perhaps sequential) identifier available
   on the system (for example, a process id number) on the left hand
   side.

[...]
> Well, if you often resend a node, it makes absolutely sense, I guess.

I've rather thought about preparing an email with org-mode. Making
notes, introducing a structure, think: wrinting a report.

> I always write my mails from scratch. But, on the other hand, I could
> imagine an Org-file with email templates like that. E.g. for mailing to
> certain groups of people.

This brings another option. Copy the whole node with its children into a
message buffer and then run some code to make it look like it should
(drawers, leading stars, attachments, tables etc.)

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach