* Re: Org support for the notmuch mail client"
@ 2011-02-09 20:42 Andreas Amann
From: Andreas Amann @ 2011-02-09 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bastien.guerry, emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Matthieu Lemerre

Hi Bastien,

> I'm not using notmuch myself and I would welcome feedback from notmuch
> Org users.  I would happily add it to org-mode/contrib/lisp if this is
> proves useful to several people around.

Just to say that I use Matthieu's code to do my daily "email to
todolist" conversion. Nothing spectacular but works reliably as
advertised. In my opinion it would be a useful addition to org-mode.

Andreas

* Re: Org support for the notmuch mail client"
@ 2011-02-10 23:29 ` Bart Bunting
From: Bart Bunting @ 2011-02-10 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Amann, bastien.guerry, emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Matthieu Lemerre

+1 from me also.

Bart

On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 20:42:44 +0000, Andreas Amann <a.amann@ucc.ie> wrote:
> Hi Bastien,
>
> > I'm not using notmuch myself and I would welcome feedback from notmuch
> > Org users.  I would happily add it to org-mode/contrib/lisp if this is
> > proves useful to several people around.
>
> Just to say that I use Matthieu's code to do my daily "email to
> todolist" conversion. Nothing spectacular but works reliably as
> advertised. In my opinion it would be a useful addition to org-mode.
>
> Andreas

Bart Bunting

URSYS Pty. Ltd
461 Parramatta Rd. Leichhardt NSW  2040  Australia
Ph.           +61 2 8745 2811
Fax          +61 2 8745 2828

* Mails with icalendar appointments (Was: Org support for the notmuch mail client)
@ 2011-02-11 16:11   ` Andreas Amann
From: Andreas Amann @ 2011-02-11 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Matthieu Lemerre, Bart Bunting

I get quite a few emails in icalendar format which are requests for
appointments. To avoid unnecessary distraction, I would like to quickly
convert them into org-mode TODO list items. What is the recommended way
to do this? Can the org-capture framework be used for this?

I use notmuch to access email, and org-notmuch.el as capture interface
but I guess the same problem occurs for users of gnus or other email
clients. Do solutions exist for them?

I also experimented a bit with "icalendar-import-buffer", which gives a
diary entry that can show up in the agenda. Are there any better
options? Any pointers welcome.

Andreas

* Re: Mails with icalendar appointments (Was: Org support for the notmuch mail client)
@ 2011-02-12  8:30     ` Matthieu Lemerre
From: Matthieu Lemerre @ 2011-02-12  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Amann, emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Bart Bunting

Hi Andreas,

I have the same problem at work. I also use icalendar-import-buffer, but
I find it not ideal... I have recently found this

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-07/msg00732.html

but did not try it yet.

Matthieu

* Re: Org support for the notmuch mail client"
@ 2011-02-12 12:24 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-12 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Amann; +Cc: Matthieu Lemerre, emacs-orgmode

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Amann <a.amann@ucc.ie> writes:

> Just to say that I use Matthieu's code to do my daily "email to
> todolist" conversion. Nothing spectacular but works reliably as
> advertised. In my opinion it would be a useful addition to org-mode.

Thanks for the confirmation - I just proposed to Matthieu to integrate
his code in contrib/lisp/.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Mails with icalendar appointments
@ 2011-02-13 10:28     ` Vagn Johansen
From: Vagn Johansen @ 2011-02-13 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Andreas Amann <a.amann@ucc.ie> writes:

> I get quite a few emails in icalendar format which are requests for
> appointments. To avoid unnecessary distraction, I would like to quickly
> convert them into org-mode TODO list items. What is the recommended way
> to do this? Can the org-capture framework be used for this?
>
> I use notmuch to access email, and org-notmuch.el as capture interface
> but I guess the same problem occurs for users of gnus or other email
> clients. Do solutions exist for them?

For gnus I wrote this to import from text/calendar attachments

  http://ozymandias.dk/emacs/emacs.html#org-import-calendar

It a automatically stores an org snippet to the ring. So most of the
time I can use press my remember keybinding and yank.

--
Vagn Johansen

* Re: Re: Mails with icalendar appointments
@ 2011-02-13 11:51       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-13 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vagn Johansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Vagn,

Vagn Johansen <gonz808@hotmail.com> writes:

> For gnus I wrote this to import from text/calendar attachments
>
>   http://ozymandias.dk/emacs/emacs.html#org-import-calendar
>
> It a automatically stores an org snippet to the ring. So most of the
> time I can use press my remember keybinding and yank.

Nice!  I added a FAQ entry on Worg mentioning it.

PS: don't your code need a s/calender/calendar ?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Mails with icalendar appointments
@ 2011-02-14 19:06         ` Vagn Johansen
From: Vagn Johansen @ 2011-02-14 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> writes:

> Hi Vagn,
>
> Vagn Johansen <gonz808@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> For gnus I wrote this to import from text/calendar attachments
>>
>>   http://ozymandias.dk/emacs/emacs.html#org-import-calendar>
>> It a automatically stores an org snippet to the ring. So most of the
>> time I can use press my remember keybinding and yank.
>
> Nice!  I added a FAQ entry on Worg mentioning it.
>
> PS: don't your code need a s/calender/calendar ?

Yes. It is fixed now. The URL is still correct, though.

--

@ 2011-02-14 21:04           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-14 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vagn Johansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Vagn Johansen <gonz808@hotmail.com> writes:

>> PS: don't your code need a s/calender/calendar ?
>
> Yes. It is fixed now. The URL is still correct, though.

Thanks for fixing this!

--
 Bastien