* Problem getting example on Publishing to web from org-info to work
@ 2011-03-05 19:59 Iannis Zannos
From: Iannis Zannos @ 2011-03-05 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Both examples from the org-info tutorial on publishing projects to web
(13.3.1 Example: simple publishing configuration
13.3.2 Example: complex publishing configuration)

fail with the following trace from the message window:

Publishing file /Users/iani/Documents/projects/110305website/index.org using
`org-publish-org-to-html'
Exporting... [2 times]
Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

I also tried an example configuration from
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html

with the same results.

index.org is the sole file to publish, and is located in the folder
specified in the publish alist (as per code below).

Any hints as to how to get started with publishing projects from org to
html?

Thank!

Iannis Zannos

=====================
Try 1: (from org-info)

(require 'org-publish)

 (setq org-publish-project-alist
           '(("test"
              :base-directory "/Users/iani/Documents/projects/110305website"
              :publishing-directory "/Users/iani/Sites"
      :base-extension "org"
              :section-numbers true
              :table-of-contents true
              :style "<link rel=\"stylesheet\"
                     href=\"../other/mystyle.css\"
                     type=\"text/css\"/>")))

Try 2: (from
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html)
(setq org-publish-project-alist
           '(("test2"
              :base-directory "/Users/iani/Documents/projects/110305website"
              :publishing-directory "/Users/iani/Sites/"
;;       :base-directory "~/org/"
      :base-extension "org"
;;       :publishing-directory "~/public_html/"
      :recursive t
      :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
      :headline-levels 4             ; Just the default for this project.
      :auto-preamble t
      )))

* Re: Problem getting example on Publishing to web from org-info to work
@ 2011-03-05 21:42 ` Iannis Zannos
From: Iannis Zannos @ 2011-03-05 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello and sorry, please ignore my question.
The mistake ws the missing slash (/) at the end of the folder specifications
for the project's file.

The publish-project to html works now all right.

Iannis Zannos

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Iannis Zannos <zannos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Both examples from the org-info tutorial on publishing projects to web
> (13.3.1 Example: simple publishing configuration
> 13.3.2 Example: complex publishing configuration)
>
> fail with the following trace from the message window:
>
> Publishing file /Users/iani/Documents/projects/110305website/index.orgusing `org-publish-org-to-html'
> Exporting... [2 times]
> Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
>
> I also tried an example configuration from
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html
>
> with the same results.
>
> index.org is the sole file to publish, and is located in the folder
> specified in the publish alist (as per code below).
>
> Any hints as to how to get started with publishing projects from org to
> html?
>
> Thank!
>
> Iannis Zannos
>

> =====================
> Try 1: (from org-info)
>
> (require 'org-publish)
>
>  (setq org-publish-project-alist
>            '(("test"
>               :base-directory
> "/Users/iani/Documents/projects/110305website"
>               :publishing-directory "/Users/iani/Sites"
>       :base-extension "org"
>               :section-numbers true
>               :table-of-contents true
>               :style "<link rel=\"stylesheet\"
>                      href=\"../other/mystyle.css\"
>                      type=\"text/css\"/>")))
>

> Try 2: (from
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html)
> (setq org-publish-project-alist
>            '(("test2"
>               :base-directory
> "/Users/iani/Documents/projects/110305website"
>               :publishing-directory "/Users/iani/Sites/"
> ;;       :base-directory "~/org/"
>       :base-extension "org"
> ;;       :publishing-directory "~/public_html/"
>       :recursive t
>        :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
>       :headline-levels 4             ; Just the default for this project.
>        :auto-preamble t
>       )))

* Re: Re: Problem getting example on Publishing to web from org-info to work
@ 2011-03-05 21:51   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-05 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Iannis Zannos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Iannis,

Iannis Zannos <zannos@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello and sorry, please ignore my question.
> The mistake ws the missing slash (/) at the end of the folder
> specifications for the project's file.
>
> The publish-project to html works now all right.

Thanks for letting us know :)

--
 Bastien