* Org babel with multiple linked segments of source code
@ 2011-03-22  2:57 Nicholas Patrick
From: Nicholas Patrick @ 2011-03-22  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to figure out how to minimize the overhead with using babel to
write some segments of code.  I find myself writing short segments of a set
of functionality, then writing a collector source block which is referred to
later on in the code... e.g.

*********************
#+srcname: test1
#+begin_src clojure :tangle test1.clj :exports none :noweb yes
blah
<<test2>>
blah
#+end_src

#+srcname: test2
#+begin_src clojure
foo
#+end_src

#+srcname: test2
#+begin_src clojure
bar
#+end_src
*********************
I'd like to see
blah
foo
bar
blah

but I see
blah
foo
blah

What I'd like to see is a single srcname for the code that just concatenates
the two different sections when it is referred by <<descriptive-name>>.
That way I don't have to come up with different names and collectors and so
on and so forth.  Maybe I'm just not doing "literate programming" right, but
when I'm hacking stuff together, I'd like to minimize the housekeeping.
e.g.

Is there a way to do this?