* How can I schedule a multiday event
@ 2011-04-25  8:25 JJ
From: JJ @ 2011-04-25  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

How can I schedule a multiday event? I mean, for instance there is a
multiday holiday or a vacation... I don't want to schedule Day 1, Day 2,
etc.

I've tried entering an interval after C-c C-s, like 2011-05-01 - 05-10 but
that doesn't work.

How can I do this?
--
JJ

* Re: How can I schedule a multiday event
@ 2011-04-25  8:44 ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2011-04-25  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> How can I schedule a multiday event? I mean, for instance there is a
> multiday holiday or a vacation... I don't want to schedule Day 1, Day 2,
> etc.
>
> I've tried entering an interval after C-c C-s, like 2011-05-01 - 05-10 but
> that doesn't work.
>
> How can I do this?

Hi JJ,

'info' is your friend:

8.1 Timestamps, deadlines, and scheduling

[...]

TIME/DATE RANGE
     Two timestamps connected by `--' denote a range.  The headline
     will be shown on the first and last day of the range, and on any
     dates that are displayed and fall in the range.  Here is an
     example:

          ** Meeting in Amsterdam
             <2004-08-23 Mon>--<2004-08-26 Thu>

Ciao

    Marco

--

Marco Wahl

* Re: How can I schedule a multiday event
@ 2011-04-25 10:03   ` JJ
From: JJ @ 2011-04-25 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hey Marco:

> 'info' is your friend:
> 8.1 Timestamps, deadlines, and scheduling

Hey Marco:

Indeed it is there, how could I've missed it. I did RTFM, but just didn't
see it there, and it is there :O)

Thanks for helping... :O)
--

@ 2011-04-25 13:53   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-04-25 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Wahl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Marco Wahl <marcowahl@gmail.com> writes:

>> How can I schedule a multiday event? I mean, for instance there is a
>> multiday holiday or a vacation... I don't want to schedule Day 1, Day 2,
>> etc.
>>
>> I've tried entering an interval after C-c C-s, like 2011-05-01 - 05-10 but
>> that doesn't work.
>>
>> How can I do this?
>
> Hi JJ,
>
> 'info' is your friend:
>

> 8.1 Timestamps, deadlines, and scheduling
>
> [...]
>
> TIME/DATE RANGE
>      Two timestamps connected by `--' denote a range.  The headline
>      will be shown on the first and last day of the range, and on any
>      dates that are displayed and fall in the range.  Here is an
>      example:
>
>           ** Meeting in Amsterdam
>              <2004-08-23 Mon>--<2004-08-26 Thu>
>
> Ciao
>
>     Marco

Or you can create it from a block entry in the agenda

| Key                      | Notes                            |
|--------------------------+----------------------------------|
| C-c a a                  | Show the agenda                  |
| c                        | Show the calendar                |
| arrows                   | Move to first date               |
| C-SPC                    | Mark first date                  |
| arrows                   | Move to last date                |
| i b                      | Create a block diary entry       |
| Meeting in Amsterdam RET | Create description for the event |

This creates an entry like this:

**** Meeting in Amsterdam
<2004-08-23 Mon>--<2004-08-26 Thu>

-Bernt