* time-up/down in org-agenda-sorting-strategy seems to have no effect?
@ 2011-08-28 23:05 Richard Lawrence
From: Richard Lawrence @ 2011-08-28 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everyone,

I've just started using custom agenda views in earnest, and I would like
to be able to control how several custom views are sorted.  I have tried
to set org-agenda-sorting-strategy to reflect what I want, but it seems
to have no effect on how items are sorted.  I'm wondering if I'm missing
something.

Specifically, I see no difference in how the items in todo, tags, and
tags-todo agenda views are sorted when I set time-down or time-up as the
first (or only) sorting criterion.  (tag-up/down and category-up/down
seem to work alright; I haven't tested the other sorting criteria.)

Here's how I'm expressing the setup I want:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setq org-agenda-sorting-strategy
       '((agenda habit-down time-up priority-down category-keep)
	 (todo time-down priority-down category-keep)
	 (tags time-down priority-down category-keep)
	 (search time-up priority-down todo-state-up)))

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("r" "Reading list" tags-todo "+reading")
	("S" . "STUDY context searches")
	("Sf" todo "FIND")
	("Sp" todo "PRINT")
	("Sr" todo "READ")
	("Sn" todo "NOTES")
	("St" tags-todo "+STUDY")
	("D" tags-todo "+COMPUTER")
	("H" tags-todo "+HOME")
	("E" tags-todo "+ERRAND")
	("F" tags "+FREETIME")))
#+END_SRC

Any insight you can provide will be very much appreciated.  Thanks!

Best,
Richard Lawrence

* Re: time-up/down in org-agenda-sorting-strategy seems to have no effect?
@ 2012-09-23 10:07 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-23 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Lawrence; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Richard,