* Viewing all entries of a file in Agenda
@ 2011-12-10 22:03 Sven Bretfeld
From: Sven Bretfeld @ 2011-12-10 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org

Hi all

I have written an org-agenda-custom-command for a daily review of my
dates and todos. It contains several todos and tags as block-agendas.
The last block should tell me if there are new items to be refiled in a
certain file which I use as an Inbox (synced from MobileOrg). I cannot
find the proper command for this.

("D" "Daily Review"
 ((agenda "" ((org-agenda-ndays 1)))
  (todo "WAITING")
  (todo "DELEGATED")
  (tags "PROJECT")
  (stuck "")
  (tags "BIGROCK")
  (tags "MIT")
  (tags "OFFICE/NEXT")
  (tags "HOME/NEXT")
  (tags "PHONE/NEXT")
  (tags "READING/NEXT")
  (tags "WRITING/NEXT")
  (tags "" ((org-agenda-files '("~/Dropbox/myconf/from-mobile.org"))))))

It is the last line that puzzles me. If I have it like above, every call
of this agenda is interrupted by the question which tag I want to query
for. Hitting RET does what I want, namely displaying all headlines of
the file. How is that possible without Emacs asking me? The file can
contain different todo-keywords and tags or none at all. I want to
display everything.

Thanks for a hint

Sven

* Re: Viewing all entries of a file in Agenda
@ 2011-12-11  0:14 ` Herbert Sitz
From: Herbert Sitz @ 2011-12-11  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sven Bretfeld <sven.bretfeld <at> gmx.ch> writes:
> It is the last line that puzzles me. If I have it like above, every call
> of this agenda is interrupted by the question which tag I want to query
> for. Hitting RET does what I want, namely displaying all headlines of
> the file. How is that possible without Emacs asking me? The file can
> contain different todo-keywords and tags or none at all. I want to
> display everything.
>
> Thanks for a hint
>
> Sven

One of the special properties of every Org heading is 'Level', which is an
integer representing the outline level of the heading.  Doing the following
search should return all the headings in an Org document:

Level>=1

This search would return only first and second level headings:

* Re: Viewing all entries of a file in Agenda
@ 2011-12-11 10:07   ` Sven Bretfeld
From: Sven Bretfeld @ 2011-12-11 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herbert Sitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Herbert

Herbert Sitz <hesitz@gmail.com> writes:

> Sven Bretfeld <sven.bretfeld <at> gmx.ch> writes:
>> It is the last line that puzzles me. If I have it like above, every call
>> of this agenda is interrupted by the question which tag I want to query
>> for. Hitting RET does what I want, namely displaying all headlines of
>> the file. How is that possible without Emacs asking me? The file can
>> contain different todo-keywords and tags or none at all. I want to
>> display everything.
>>
>> Thanks for a hint
>>
>> Sven
>
> One of the special properties of every Org heading is 'Level', which is an
> integer representing the outline level of the heading.  Doing the following
> search should return all the headings in an Org document:
>
> Level>=1

That's it. Thank you very much. This possibility is not very prominent
in the manual. I had to figure out how exactly it works and that the
line must read:

(tags "LEVEL>=1" ((org-agenda-files '("~/Dropbox/myconf/from-mobile.org"))))

Now it is doing what I want.

Greetings,

@ 2011-12-11 12:18     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-11 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sven Bretfeld; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Herbert Sitz

Hi Sven,

"Sven Bretfeld" <sven.bretfeld@gmx.ch> writes:

> That's it. Thank you very much. This possibility is not very prominent
> in the manual. I had to figure out how exactly it works and that the
> line must read:
>
> (tags "LEVEL>=1" ((org-agenda-files '("~/Dropbox/myconf/from-mobile.org"))))
>
> Now it is doing what I want.

If you see any way to improve the manual with respect to this,
please send a patch!

Best,

--
 Bastien