From: Erik Hetzner <egh@e6h.org>
To: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>,
	Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: org-capture-templates file+datetree+prompt question
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:06:17 -0800	[thread overview]

At Mon, 12 Dec 2011 00:18:34 +0100,
Bastien wrote:

> Hi Erik,
>
> Erik Hetzner <egh@e6h.org> writes:
>
> > Thanks again for this fix.
> >
> > I have noticed that using k c ... (where ... is a capture template
> > utilizing file+datetree+prompt) in the agenda now prompts for a
> > date. Is this intended behavior?
>
> I can't reproduce this -- I used the capture setting you mentioned
> earlier in this thread.  Can you provide a minimal test/config file
> and the steps to reproduce with latest Org from git?

Hi Bastien,

My apologies, you are correct. I made two errors:

1. My calendar capture template actually looked like this:

  ("c" "Calendar" entry (file+datetree+prompt "~/s/notes/calendar.org" "Inbox")

The “Inbox” part was accidentally copied from another template. This
seems to have caused the problem.

2. My other capture template that used file+datetree+prompt that
experienced this behavior actually had a %^t in the template. Whoops!

Thank you so much for looking into this.

best, Erik