* BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL + subtree export
@ 2012-02-26 13:53 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2012-02-26 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Getting deeper into beamer export and enjoying it -- props to the responsible developers.

A point of fine print that escaped me in the available documentation -- maybe I just overlooked, but probably this is something that should be clarified.

When doing a buffer export, #+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL refers to the absolute subheading level: 2 == **, 3 = *** etc.

For a subtree export, you need to subtract the level of the subtree being exported.

#+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 2

#+TITLE:     Show #1
#+AUTHOR:    dlm
#+EMAIL:     dlm@dlm-laptop
#+DATE:      2012-02-26 Sun
* Presentation 1
** Section 1
*** Frame 1
    Some text
*** Frame 2
    More text

At first I thought I would need to set the frame level to 3 (because "*** Frame 1"), but it needs to be 2 for a subtree export originating from "Presentation 1" because the frames are two levels underneath the top level.

I can easily imagine that the frame level is documented as relative to the subtree being exported -- just pointing out that this is an easy place to get confused and probably would benefit from stating explicitly.

hjh

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70@dewdrop-world.net

"Come said the Muse,
Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted,
Sing me the universal."  -- Whitman

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-02-26 13:54 UTC | newest]