* Please consider making a donation
@ 2012-08-24 15:59 Bastien
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-24 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

I've been a freelancer for the last two months and I want to continue
this experience.

As such, my main challenge is to discipline myself not to spend too
much time on Org -- because, as you can imagine, it *is* very tempting.

So the more donation I receive, the more time I will have for Org.

Any donation will first go into a new computer, as my lovely Thinkpad
X61 is about to die.

I you think of any Emacs/Org development you would like to sponsor,
independantly from what's already existing, please send me an email.

Thanks for your help!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Please consider making a donation
@ 2012-08-26 19:19 ` BernardH
                     ` (2 more replies)
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: BernardH @ 2012-08-26 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I've been a freelancer for the last two months and I want to continue
> this experience.
>
> As such, my main challenge is to discipline myself not to spend too
> much time on Org -- because, as you can imagine, it *is* very tempting.
>
> So the more donation I receive, the more time I will have for Org.

Great !
You might want to lower the barrier to donate by providing a link to
http://orgmode.org/org-mode-donate.html ☺.

BTW, if it is to give you money, why not cut the middlemen and provide
your IBAN ?(As a fellow countryman, it saddened me to pay for €→$(→€ ?)
and to Visa™ and PayPal™ (which I despise) for naught.

Kudos for your great work on Org !

B.

* Re: Please consider making a donation
@ 2012-08-27 14:35 ` Waldemar Quevedo
From: Waldemar Quevedo @ 2012-08-27 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I also donated a bit :)
Thanks for the great work!

- Waldemar

@ 2012-08-27 15:08   ` Igor Sosa Mayor
From: Igor Sosa Mayor @ 2012-08-27 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

+1

Je Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 07:19:46PM +0000 BernardH skribis:

--
:: Igor Sosa Mayor     :: joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com ::
:: GnuPG: 0x1C1E2890   :: http://www.gnupg.org/      ::

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 230 bytes --]

* Re: Please consider making a donation
@ 2012-08-27 16:31   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-27 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BernardH; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

BernardH <gmane.emacs.orgmode@bernard-hugueney.org> writes:

> You might want to lower the barrier to donate by providing a link to
> http://orgmode.org/org-mode-donate.html ☺.

Er.. I forgot :)

> BTW, if it is to give you money, why not cut the middlemen and provide
> your IBAN ?(As a fellow countryman, it saddened me to pay for €→$(→€ ?)
> and to Visa™ and PayPal™ (which I despise) for naught.

Here you go:
http://lumiere.ens.fr/~guerry/u/bastien_guerry_rib_2012.jpg

Thanks!

--

@ 2012-08-27 17:00 ` Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2012-08-27 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Done.

I really appreciate all the work put into Org!

Thanks.

@ 2012-08-27 21:53   ` Gary Oberbrunner
From: Gary Oberbrunner @ 2012-08-27 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

+1! me too.

* Re: Please consider making a donation
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-08-28  6:20 ` Jeremiah Dodds
From: Jeremiah Dodds @ 2012-08-28  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I've been a freelancer for the last two months and I want to continue
> this experience.
>
> As such, my main challenge is to discipline myself not to spend too
> much time on Org -- because, as you can imagine, it *is* very tempting.
>
> So the more donation I receive, the more time I will have for Org.
>
> Any donation will first go into a new computer, as my lovely Thinkpad
> X61 is about to die.
>
> I you think of any Emacs/Org development you would like to sponsor,
> independantly from what's already existing, please send me an email.
>
> Thanks for your help!

You're on my shortlist of people to donate to when I have some spare
cash. I'm eternally grateful for the work you've put into Org!

If I had the ability, I'd just pay you to work on it straight-up.

As an aside, Thinkpads are pretty notorious for living through hell. My
T410 is currently ridiculously beat up, but still runs like a charm.

--
Jeremiah Dodds

blog       : http://jdodds.github.com
github     : https://github.com/jdodds
freenode   : exhortatory
twitter    : kaens

* Re: Please consider making a donation
@ 2012-08-28  7:54   ` Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2012-08-28  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi
Unfortunately, org-mode is too complete already.
Otherwise we could have a bounty fund race on Worg...
list the top ten requested features and ask a price for it according
of what you believe it would cost you to implement it.
People who donates can donate to one or the other feature request. If
the price is reached, work can start. If the limit is not reached in a
certain time the money might be spend to other feature request in a
equal manner. Some sort of org-mode own kickstart projects.
Just guess that people like to donate more easily if they have a
certain target in view.
However, org-mode might be to complete and to uniform to allow a clear
separation of different feature requests.

Complete OT:

As for Lenovo Thinkpad lines durability, can't say anything positive
about my T410s (I was very happy with previous models).... the T410s
was defect after almost a year.... had hard fights to get it still
fixed outside of the one year warranty. Here in Japan, Panasonic Let's
 Notes have a good reputation of being a road warriors companion and
they have a insane high battery life. They are sort of thick and ugly
but that even more confirms them as "working horse" instead of a
designer gadget. They are not available in Europa as far as I know but
Panasonic has a line of Tough-books they are very similar to the
Japanese Lets Notes... as the name implies they are well tough...

Torsten

@ 2012-08-28 13:02   ` Jason F. McBrayer
From: Jason F. McBrayer @ 2012-08-28 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 26.08.2012 15:19, BernardH wrote:

> Bastienaltern.org> writes:
>
>> Hello all, I've been a freelancer for the last two months and I want
>> continue this experience. As such, my main challenge is to
>> discipline
>> myself not to spend too much time on Org -- because, as you can
>> imagine, it *is* very tempting. So the more donation I receive, the
>> more time I will have for Org.
>
> Great !
> You might want to lower the barrier to donate by providing a link to
> http://orgmode.org/org-mode-donate.html ☺.

Made a (too-small) donation to Bastien for org-mode.

Anyone needing motivation to donate money to Free Software projects
should
check out The Donate Pledge
(http://f-droid.org/posts/the-donate-pledge/)
at the F-Droid site.

| Jason F. McBrayer jmcbray@carcosa.net |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors. --- The Dhammapada |

* Re: Please consider making a donation
@ 2012-08-29 17:31   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-29 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jeremiah Dodds <jeremiah.dodds@gmail.com> writes:

> You're on my shortlist of people to donate to when I have some spare
> cash. I'm eternally grateful for the work you've put into Org!

Eh, thanks!  You know, I'm mostly sitting on giants' shoulders.
Carsten's crazy work for 7 years with no discontinuation, then
all the people on this list.

But I take my part, true :)

--

@ 2012-09-04 12:56     ` François Allisson
From: François Allisson @ 2012-09-04 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> > BTW, if it is to give you money, why not cut the middlemen and provide
> > your IBAN ?(As a fellow countryman, it saddened me to pay for €→$(→€ ?)
> > and to Visa™ and PayPal™ (which I despise) for naught.
>
> Here you go:
> http://lumiere.ens.fr/~guerry/u/bastien_guerry_rib_2012.jpg

+1 (iban)