Paul Stansell writes: > Hi Eric, > > Thanks for your work on this. I've tried your latest changes and I > think they're a big improvement. > > I've attached another org-mode file for you to try. It illustrates > the use of double blank lines in the first table (called block_data) > to inform gnuplot that there're two separate data sets in the single > data file. The first code block (gnuplot_1) plots these two data sets > as red and green surfaces. It's really nice that gnuplot can now be > used in this way from within org-mode. > > One slight drawback, however, is that there still doesn't seem to be a > way to specify missing values in the org table in the way they're > frequently used by gnuplot. An illustration of what I mean by this is > given in the table block_data_missing in the attached org file. > You'll see that I've inserted two '?' characters for missing z-values. > If you execute the second and third code blocks (gnuplot_2 and > gnuplot_3) you'll see that neither give the desired result. > I see, I've change the `org-babel-gnuplot-quote-tsv-field' function so that it will only wrap a value in double quotes if that value actually needs these wraps (e.g., contains a quote or a space). With this change your example 3 now works as expected (nice looking plots by the way).