* Having trouble with hidestars this morning
@ 2013-11-04 15:30 Susan Cragin
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Susan Cragin @ 2013-11-04 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode list

Hello.
Normally outlines are supposed to start up in hidestars view, which shows one star per level, indented, thusly:

* First Level
  * Second
    * Third

But after compiling both emacs and org-mode from git this morning, and re-installing, my outlines show all the stars, and the stars cannot be turned off. I've tried:

#+STARTUP: indent
#+STARTUP: hidestars

Suggestions? Is there some sort of M-x hidestars command that I might have toggled accidentally?

* Re: Having trouble with hidestars this morning
@ 2013-11-04 15:48 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2013-11-04 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Susan Cragin <susancragin@earthlink.net> writes:

> Hello. Normally outlines are supposed to start up in hidestars view,
> which shows one star per level, indented, thusly:
>
> * First Level
>   * Second
>     * Third
>
> But after compiling both emacs and org-mode from git this morning, and
> re-installing, my outlines show all the stars, and the stars cannot be
> turned off. I've tried:
>
> #+STARTUP: indent
> #+STARTUP: hidestars
>
> Suggestions? Is there some sort of M-x hidestars command that I might
> have toggled accidentally?

What does 'C-h v org-startup-indented' show?

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Having trouble with hidestars this morning
@ 2013-11-05  6:29 ` Pete Ley
From: Pete Ley @ 2013-11-05  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode list

Susan Cragin <susancragin@earthlink.net> writes:

> Hello.
> Normally outlines are supposed to start up in hidestars view, which shows one star per level, indented, thusly:
>
> * First Level
>   * Second
>     * Third
>
> But after compiling both emacs and org-mode from git this morning, and re-installing, my outlines show all the stars, and the stars cannot be turned off. I've tried:

I have the same problem. Hidestars is set in my init.el yet when I first
start up, it isn't functional. Then, after I view my weekly agenda, they
become hidden again.

* Re: Having trouble with hidestars this morning
@ 2013-11-06 12:57 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-06 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Susan Cragin; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode list

Hi Susan,

Susan Cragin <susancragin@earthlink.net> writes:

> But after compiling both emacs and org-mode from git this morning,
> and re-installing, my outlines show all the stars, and the stars
> cannot be turned off.

I do see the same problem -- Nicolas, do you know what may have caused
this?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Having trouble with hidestars this morning
@ 2013-11-06 18:26   ` Aaron Ecay
From: Aaron Ecay @ 2013-11-06 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, Susan Cragin; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode list

2013ko azaroak 6an, Bastien-ek idatzi zuen:

> Hi Susan,
>
> Susan Cragin <susancragin@earthlink.net> writes:
>
>> But after compiling both emacs and org-mode from git this morning,
>> and re-installing, my outlines show all the stars, and the stars
>> cannot be turned off.
>
> I do see the same problem -- Nicolas, do you know what may have caused
> this?

It is a new bug (IMO) in emacs.  Reported here:

There is a workaround in the bug report also.

--
Aaron Ecay

* Re: Having trouble with hidestars this morning
@ 2013-11-07  8:51     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-07  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaron Ecay; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode list, Susan Cragin

Aaron Ecay <aaronecay@gmail.com> writes:

> It is a new bug (IMO) in emacs.  Reported here:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15815
>
> There is a workaround in the bug report also.

Indeed.  Thanks for the pointer!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Having trouble with hidestars this morning
@ 2013-11-07 14:31 Susan Cragin
From: Susan Cragin @ 2013-11-07 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode list