* org export for both latex and beamer, a recipe?
@ 2014-01-10 11:36 Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2014-01-10 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello the list,

It's very nice that an org file can be exported both to a .tex file with
article class as well as to beamer class.

Here is my question:  does anyone knows how mixing in  the same org file
what is supposed to be in the paper.tex and what is only for a talk with help of beamer?

I would  be very  happy to  be able to  write a  draft in  org-mode with
saying to myself for example «this list  must be in my talk». But I know
that showing a list  with beamer in a talk does  not require exactly the
same properties than  writing a list for a paper  (with beamer class the
exposition of the list can be dynamic).
The best  would be to succeed  to write the  same org file, in  order to
have only to change the Latex class: beamer or article, the export would
make all. Is it possible?

I hope to have  succeeded to write clearly my question  and what I would
be glad to get. I do not know if is possible, and I am not sure that the
Org manual explains this point.

Best wishes,

Jo.

* Re: org export for both latex and beamer, a recipe?
@ 2014-01-20 11:27 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-20 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Vidal-Rosset; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Joseph,

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> writes:

> It's very nice that an org file can be exported both to a .tex file with
> article class as well as to beamer class.
>
> Here is my question:  does anyone knows how mixing in  the same org file
> what is supposed to be in the paper.tex and what is only for a talk with help of beamer?
>
> I would  be very  happy to  be able to  write a  draft in  org-mode with
> saying to myself for example «this list  must be in my talk». But I know
> that showing a list  with beamer in a talk does  not require exactly the
> same properties than  writing a list for a paper  (with beamer class the
> exposition of the list can be dynamic).
> The best  would be to succeed  to write the  same org file, in  order to
> have only to change the Latex class: beamer or article, the export would
> make all. Is it possible?

This cannot be straightforward.

Maybe you can start a list of differences that you want to handle for
such a dual-target export?

Dynamic lists comes as one first example.

ox-beamer.el could have an option so that plain lists are always
converted as dynamic lists (using the <1-> <2-> syntax) -- one problem
would be solved, at least.

--
 Bastien

* Re: org export for both latex and beamer, a recipe?
@ 2014-01-20 12:38   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-01-20 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org , Joseph Vidal-Rosset

Hello,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> ox-beamer.el could have an option so that plain lists are always
> converted as dynamic lists (using the <1-> <2-> syntax) -- one problem
> would be solved, at least.

This is already possible on a case by case basis :

 - @@beamer:<1->@@ Item
 - @@beamer:<2->@@ ...

and as a frame property:

  * Headline
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_ACT: [+-]
    :END:

    - item
    - item

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: org export for both latex and beamer, a recipe?
@ 2014-01-20 12:43     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-20 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org , Joseph Vidal-Rosset

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> This is already possible on a case by case basis :
>
>  - @@beamer:<1->@@ Item
>  - @@beamer:<2->@@ ...
>
> and as a frame property:
>
>   * Headline
>     :PROPERTIES:
>     :BEAMER_ACT: [+-]
>     :END:
>
>     - item
>     - item

Great!  Thanks for this :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: org export for both latex and beamer, a recipe?
@ 2014-01-22  9:07       ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2014-01-22  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Liste-emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Nicolas Goaziou