* Documentation error/bug regarding checkboxes
@ 2014-02-13  6:34 E Sabof
From: E Sabof @ 2014-02-13  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

According to the footnote [3] on http://orgmode.org/manual/Checkboxes.html, if I press C-u C-c C-c on the first item of a list, all items on that list will get checkboxes. However only the first one does.

Evgeni

* Re: Documentation error/bug regarding checkboxes
@ 2014-02-13  6:42 ` Josiah Schwab
From: Josiah Schwab @ 2014-02-13  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: E Sabof; +Cc: org-mode

E Sabof <esabof@gmail.com> writes:

> According to the footnote [3] on
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Checkboxes.html, if I press C-u C-c C-c on
> the first item of a list, all items on that list will get
> checkboxes. However only the first one does.

Can you provide some information about your org version

+ foo
+ bar
+ baz

* Re: Documentation error/bug regarding checkboxes
@ 2014-02-13  6:45   ` Josiah Schwab
From: Josiah Schwab @ 2014-02-13  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: E Sabof; +Cc: org-mode

Oops!  I hit C-u C-c C-c in the wrong buffer!

I meant to say,

Can you provide some information about your org version?

I just tried C-u C-c C-c on the following list and it worked as documented.

+ foo
+ bar
+ baz

I am using the current maint branch.

Best,
Josiah

@ 2014-02-13  7:13     ` E Sabof
From: E Sabof @ 2014-02-13  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josiah Schwab; +Cc: org-mode

Josiah Schwab <jschwab@gmail.com> writes:

> I just tried C-u C-c C-c on the following list and it worked as documented.
>
> + foo
> + bar
> + baz
>
> I am using the current maint branch.

Actually I did it like this:

+ |foo
+ bar
+ baz

If I do this instead, it works as you've said:

|+ foo
+ bar
+ baz

I've switch to the maint branch as well, for the purposes of the experiment.

@ 2014-02-13 16:55       ` Josiah Schwab
From: Josiah Schwab @ 2014-02-13 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: E Sabof; +Cc: org-mode

> Actually I did it like this:
>
> + |foo
> + bar
> + baz
>
> If I do this instead, it works as you've said:
>
> |+ foo
> + bar
> + baz

Ah, yes.  I see now.  I do not know if that's what is intended.  Someone
who knows more about org internals will have to chime in.

Josiah

* Re: Documentation error/bug regarding checkboxes
@ 2014-02-13 17:34         ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-02-13 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josiah Schwab; +Cc: org-mode, E Sabof

Hello,

Josiah Schwab <jschwab@gmail.com> writes:

>> Actually I did it like this:
>>
>> + |foo
>> + bar
>> + baz
>>
>> If I do this instead, it works as you've said:
>>
>> |+ foo
>> + bar
>> + baz
>
> Ah, yes.  I see now.  I do not know if that's what is intended.  Someone
> who knows more about org internals will have to chime in.

Yes, it is intended. The very first character in a list targets the
whole list. This allows, for example, to move the whole list instead of
an item. See `org-element-at-point' docstring for more information.

Nicolas Goaziou