* Override global export-option prop:t
@ 2014-04-09 20:50 Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-04-09 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

| 1 A
|
| EXPORT_OPTIONS: prop:nil

| 2 B

| Author: Thorsten Jolitz
|
| Created: 2014-04-09 Mi 22:44
|
| Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.5h)
|
| Validate
`-------------------------------

but I would have expected that the options node-property prop:nil
overrides the global option prop:t.

Bug or wrong usage?

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Override global export-option prop:t
@ 2014-04-09 21:54 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-04-09 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> This minimal Org buffer "tmp<2>"
>
> ,----------------------------
> |
> | * A
> |   :PROPERTIES:
> |   :EXPORT_OPTIONS: prop:nil
> |   :END:

> | * B
> |   :PROPERTIES:
> |   :END:

> `----------------------------
>
> exports to
>
> ,-------------------------------
> | tmp<2>
> |
> | Table of Contents
> |
> |   * 1. A
> |   * 2. B
> |
> | 1 A
> |
> | EXPORT_OPTIONS: prop:nil

> | 2 B

> | Author: Thorsten Jolitz
> |
> | Created: 2014-04-09 Mi 22:44
> |
> | Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.5h)
> |
> | Validate
> `-------------------------------
>
> but I would have expected that the options node-property prop:nil
> overrides the global option prop:t.
>
> Bug or wrong usage?

Wrong usage. EXPORT_* properties only apply when export scope is the
current subtree (C-s in export dispatcher).

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Override global export-option prop:t
@ 2014-04-09 22:39   ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-04-09 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> This minimal Org buffer "tmp<2>"
>>
>> ,----------------------------
>> |
>> | * A
>> |   :PROPERTIES:
>> |   :EXPORT_OPTIONS: prop:nil
>> |   :END:

>> | * B
>> |   :PROPERTIES:
>> |   :END:

>> `----------------------------
>>
>> exports to
>>
>> ,-------------------------------
>> | tmp<2>
>> |
>> | Table of Contents
>> |
>> |   * 1. A
>> |   * 2. B
>> |
>> | 1 A
>> |
>> | EXPORT_OPTIONS: prop:nil

>> | 2 B

>> | Author: Thorsten Jolitz
>> |
>> | Created: 2014-04-09 Mi 22:44
>> |
>> | Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.5h)
>> |
>> | Validate
>> `-------------------------------
>>
>> but I would have expected that the options node-property prop:nil
>> overrides the global option prop:t.
>>
>> Bug or wrong usage?
>
> Wrong usage. EXPORT_* properties only apply when export scope is the
> current subtree (C-s in export dispatcher).

I see ... but is there any possibility to export a buffer with global
option prop:t but inhibit the property-drawer export for one specific
subtree (would be subtree A in the example above)?

Similar to :noexport: tags for headlines?

--

@ 2014-04-10  9:49     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-04-10  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> I see ... but is there any possibility to export a buffer with global
> option prop:t but inhibit the property-drawer export for one specific
> subtree (would be subtree A in the example above)?
>
> Similar to :noexport: tags for headlines?

Not out of the box. You may want to write a hook for that.

Nicolas Goaziou