* A gentle introduction to Emacs & Org-mode?
@ 2014-07-23 21:20 Marcin Borkowski
                   ` (6 more replies)
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-07-23 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi list,

this is only partially Org-ode related, but I hope I'll be excused.
A friend of mine uses Scrivener; he also does some simple
JavaScript/jQuery programming and HTML/CSS editing.  He *is* interested
in Emacs & Org-mode, but does not want to spend more than, say, 2 days
on installing, configuring and learning basics of E&Om.  Are there any
resources which might help?  I offered him some help with installing
and teaching, but what could I use?  (Of course, the built-in tutorial
and Sacha Chua's sketch-tutorials are great, but what else does there
exist?  Also, is prelude or Emacs Starter Kit a good idea?  I
understand this is opinion-based, but maybe someone has some experience
*teaching* Emacs and Org-mode?)

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski