Nicolas Goaziou writes: > You can get real indentation by indenting a new line first. What about > the following? > > (org-return-indent) Indeed that this the trick. The attached patch seems to work nicely and takes care of the corner cases I could think of. I now get the following (desirable) behavior - key :: foo | bar baz # insert latex-environment with cdlatex - key :: foo | bar \begin{ENV} whatever \end{ENV} baz Here's another case p1 - item | item p2 # insert latex-environment with cdlatex p1 - item item \begin{equation} \label{eq:9} \end{equation} And more... Behavior is better now. To improve further I'd need to change cdlatex.el and last time I tried it was ignored... —Rasmus -- I feel emotional landscapes they puzzle me