* LOGBOOK notes for other drawers?
@ 2015-05-23 13:32 Lawrence Bottorff
From: Lawrence Bottorff @ 2015-05-23 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

It seems that when I try to do a note (C-c C-z) I get an automatic LOGBOOK
drawer created with the new note put inside. Is there any way to place a
note inside another type of drawer. I have a drawer like this:

:PROPERTIES:
:CUSTOM_ID:
:SEMANTIC:
:DESC:
:END

and I'd like to place notes -- one after another -- between DESC and END.
Can this be done?

LB

* Re: LOGBOOK notes for other drawers?
@ 2015-05-23 16:17 ` Lawrence Bottorff
From: Lawrence Bottorff @ 2015-05-23 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

. . . also, is there a way to have several notes in a drawer ordered
oldest-first?

@ 2015-05-23 19:32 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-05-23 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lawrence Bottorff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Lawrence Bottorff <borgauf@gmail.com> writes:

> It seems that when I try to do a note (C-c C-z) I get an automatic LOGBOOK
> drawer created with the new note put inside. Is there any way to place a
> note inside another type of drawer. I have a drawer like this:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
> :CUSTOM_ID:
> :SEMANTIC:
> :DESC:
> :END
>
> and I'd like to place notes -- one after another -- between DESC and END.
> Can this be done?

You can replace "LOGBOOK" with something else customizing
`org-log-into-drawer'. However, "properties" drawers right after
a headline (and possibly a planning line) are treated specially and
cannot contain arbitrary text.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: LOGBOOK notes for other drawers?
@ 2015-05-23 19:33   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-05-23 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lawrence Bottorff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Lawrence Bottorff <borgauf@gmail.com> writes:

> . . . also, is there a way to have several notes in a drawer ordered
> oldest-first?

See `org-log-states-order-reversed'.

Nicolas Goaziou