On Thursday, 27 Jul 2017 at 16:16, Tyler Morgan wrote: [...] > The resulting LaTeX no longer includes a label attribute, which means > that all of the references I have made to this figure in the text are > now undefined. I know that defining a LaTeX caption overwrites the > org-mode caption field, but I’m not sure why it also removes the > #+NAME (or #+LABEL, which I have also tried) from the figure. Because the label is intrinsically associated with the caption (this is a LaTeX feature and nothing to do with org), not the figure itself. It is the caption that creates the number for the reference. A figure may contain more than one image, for instance. Either simply add \label{fig:figure1} to the caption you are specifying or, if it is that you want to have the table of contents entry, use this format for the caption: #+caption[short title]: long caption which should work, according to the manual (untested). HTH, eric -- : Eric S Fraga via Emacs 26.0.50, Org release_9.0.9-573-g09e612