* org-mode alarms
@ 2017-11-24 20:37 ma3434tt
From: ma3434tt @ 2017-11-24 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

What are good ways of setting up alarms for Deadlines and Scheduling in org-mode to integrate with Windows or GNU/Linux environments?

Thanks,

Matt

* Re: org-mode alarms
@ 2017-11-24 21:09 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2017-11-24 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ma3434tt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

appt in emacs can do a bunch and is integrated.  i use it.

there are various notify programs that i have not gotten to work.

i use crontab updated in a single babel block to run ddccontrol and
redshift.  this is useful for executive function.  you make the screen
unusable until you have taken medicine or whatever.  then you turn off
the monitor with ddccontrol so that its backlight doesn't further
disrupt your melatonin.  [no amount of dimming achieves that with
today's panel tech at my monitor size.]

--
The Kafka Pandemic: <http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com>

The disease DOES progress. MANY people have died from it. And ANYBODY
can get it at any time.

"You’ve really gotta quit this and get moving, because this is murder
by neglect." ---
<http://www.meaction.net/2017/02/03/pwme-people-with-me-are-being-murdered-by-neglect>.

* Re: org-mode alarms
@ 2017-11-25 12:33 ` Eric S Fraga