Samuel Wales writes: > [fn:apples: ...] > > [fn:apples] I'm sorry Samuel, but it seems like you haven't read all of my initial question, where I stated 'All my footnotes are 4 digits like '[fn:0010]'.' I'm not going to change my habits of using numerical footnotes that have been in documents for over ten years now to alpha footnotes. Sorry, its just not going to happen! But I am open to any other suggestions which involve numerical footnotes? Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk Debian 9.4, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.3.4, org 9.1.9