Hi, Here’s a patch that would check org-structure-template-alist for the "old" format. It just pops a user-error if the old format is detected (it checks if the cdr of org-structure-template-alist entries is a list). On my system, binding max-mini-window-height seems to have no effect. My test window-total-height is 35. (let ((max-mini-window-height 15)) (message (mapconcat 'number-to-string (number-sequence 1 15) "\n"))) If there’s any better way to display the error or check if org-structure-template-alist is in the "old" format let me know. Rasmus -- Slowly unravels in a ball of yarn and the devil collects it