* [ANN] org-sidebar-tree: Sidebar tree-view buffer for outline navigation
@ 2019-10-01 14:01 Adam Porter
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Adam Porter @ 2019-10-01 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi friends,

I've published an easy-to-use version of a tool that I think Org has
long needed: a sidebar tree-view buffer for navigating outlines.

https://github.com/alphapapa/org-sidebar#org-sidebar-tree

There have been some similar, unpolished tools floating around,
including an answer I posted on Emacs.StackExchange several years ago.
And the org-panes package has been around even longer, but hasn't been
touched for 5 years, and it isn't on MELPA, so few people know about it.

So I've put together org-sidebar-tree and released it as part of
org-sidebar, which makes it easy to use and customize.  Here are some
screenshots:

https://github.com/alphapapa/org-sidebar/raw/master/images/tree.gif
https://github.com/alphapapa/org-sidebar/raw/master/images/sidebar-with-tree.png
https://github.com/alphapapa/org-sidebar/raw/master/images/tree-and-item-sidebars.png

It seems to work well, but I'm sure wider testing will reveal some
improvements to be made.  I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Adam