Hi Matt, > This is a very small patch that I believe fixes a previous, incorrect > fix for computing the window text area when line numbers are > present. The previous fix seemed to assume that > display-line-numbers-width being nil meant that this means line numbers > are not present. However, it can also mean (as described in the > variable documentation) that the line number width is computed > dynamically. Thanks for this patch. I wasn’t aware of `line-number-display-width' when I wrote that, but it looks like a better fit than my `(or ... 0)' statement. As such, I’ve just applied your patch as cd3e138, tweaking the commit message to no longer go over the maximum length :) Looking at the docstring for `line-number-display-width', it seems that the pixelwise mode may be more useful for our purposes, but that improvement can be in a subsequent patch. All the best, Timothy