Hi Vitus, list. My memory is quite fuzzy on this and I won't have a chance to take a deep look until later, but I will try to share the information I have. On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:38:13 +0000 (9 hours, 37 minutes, 37 seconds ago), Vitus Schäfftlein wrote: Dear org-mode mailing list, [...] 3. Any LaTeX environment name foo is changed to foo* (except it already ends with an asterisk). For example, \begin{tabular} is changed to \begin{tabular*}; same for \end{tabular}. But tabular* differs from tabular in needing an extra width-argument, so the export won’t work properly. I had submitted a patch trying to address this (https://list.orgmode.org/87h7ok3qi2.fsf@dell-desktop.WORKGROUP/, I have attached a new version rebased on main to this message). It never made it in and I failed to follow-up. This patch (or something similar) could help with this issue. It basically only adds the star for math environments (using org-html--math-environment-p) [...] Now the newline commands \n before and after %s are exported as whitespace. Just replacing \n%s\n by %s (that is, leaving the newlines out) solves the problem. HTML ignores newlines anyway. This seems to work better indeed; the \n's were just cosmetic. [...] 1 Create a new variable ox-html-latex-environments-no-number of the form ("foo" "bar" "baz" ...), which contains all environments that should not receive equation numbers. I don't know whether org-html--math-environment-p (as used in the attached patch) is sufficient to determine whether we need to add a star to the environment or if we need another variable (in my use cases, testing for a match environment is sufficient but it may not be the case in general). [...] I don’t know how to express in elisp what is in brackets, though. Does this make sense to you? I am a beginner with elisp, so I can only state the ideas I have but not implement them (yet). This can be made to work if there is a consensus that we want to add a ox-html-latex-environments-no-number variable (I can try to help with that if needed, even though my elisp isn't great) [...] (let ((formula-link (org-html-format-latex (org-html--unlabel-latex-environment latex-frag) processing-type info))) The patch should address that, I would be curious to see if you encounter additional problematic cases after applying it. Thanks for resurrecting this and for your help detecting and fixing the issues. Best, thibault