* Library of babel help
@ 2022-06-16  8:15 Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2022-06-16  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

in my attempt to fix up some issues on the Worg site, I'm finding there
is considerably more things broken than I initially realised. One of
these things is 'the library of babel".

There is a link to the library-of-babel.org file on worg from within the
Emacs manual. This link is currently failing with a 404 error. However,
if you use the link embedded in the actual worg pages, you will get a
link to the library-of-babel.org file hosted in the git repository on
sourcehut, not worg. (it would appear that either the current build
process is not copying the *.org files to the web server or the web
server has not been configured to allow access to *.org files and always
redirects you to the *.html version).

I believe the reason the link to the HTML file is failing is because the
conversion from *.org to *.html is failing because of invalid emacs lisp
in the org file source blocks. The problem is there are 5 references to
flet, which was deprecated in Emacs 24.3.

To my questions -

1. Has anyone got a more recent version of the library-of-babel.org file
which has the fet references replaced with something more appropriate
(perhaps cl-flet, cl-letf or noflet)?

If nobody has, then I can have a go at fixing it up, but as I don't use
it, I will have trouble making sure it works correctly.

2. I seem to recall that at one point, you could view the *.org sources
of pages on worg. I think this was a useful feature and we should
re-enable it. However, I suspect the nginx server will need some
tweaking. Is updating the server config to allow *.org access a
reasonable thing to do?

3. What should we do about the manual? We could (temporarily at least)
change the reference to point to the current (broken) version in the
sourcehut git repository or we can leave it until the file is again
being served by the worg server or .....