* Effort range support broken? (est+)
@ 2023-03-01 19:08 Derek Chen-Becker
From: Derek Chen-Becker @ 2023-03-01 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

I was just reading
https://randomthoughts.dk/posts/2023/org-mode-for-project-estimation/ and
started learning about columnview and org mode. One thing I've run into is
that effort range values seem to be broken. The last mention of this on the
mailing list was back in 2020 (
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2020-09/msg00571.html),
and it appears that the range support for effort is still broken. I'm
wondering if anyone knows how this could be fixed, since effort ranges
would be really helpful for estimation. I'm a passable elisper, so I'm
happy to help fix this if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Derek

| Derek Chen-Becker                                             |
| GPG Key available at https://keybase.io/dchenbecker and       |
| https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=derek%40chen-becker.org |
| Fngrprnt: EB8A 6480 F0A3 C8EB C1E7  7F42 AFC5 AFEE 96E4 6ACC  |

* Re: Effort range support broken? (est+)
@ 2023-03-02 11:35 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-03-02 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Derek Chen-Becker; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Derek Chen-Becker <derek@chen-becker.org> writes:

> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2020-09/msg00571.html),
> and it appears that the range support for effort is still broken. I'm
> wondering if anyone knows how this could be fixed, since effort ranges
> would be really helpful for estimation. I'm a passable elisper, so I'm
> happy to help fix this if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for reporting!

The next reply in the thread claims that the issue has been fixed:
https://list.orgmode.org/87zgww8i59.fsf@gnu.org/

Is it broken for you now, on the latest Org?
If so, could you please provide a reproducer?
See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Effort range support broken? (est+)
@ 2023-03-02 14:23   ` Derek Chen-Becker
From: Derek Chen-Becker @ 2023-03-02 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode