Richard G Riley writes: >> (define-key org-mode-map "\C-cc" 'org-set-tags) >> >> HTH, > > And how to do with the proper tags interface showing "tab for free" etc > so I can see the existing tags to choose from ? e.g as you currently get > when you hit C-c C-c C-c in an org file. `org-set-tags' won't use the fast selection interface unless it knows about a pre-defined set of available tags. Since you cannot set this directly in the org-remember buffer, you need to use `org-tag-alist': See the manual (info "(org)Setting tags"): (setq org-tag-alist '(("@WORK" . ?w) ("@HOME" . ?h) ("Laptop" . ?l))) I had to make a patch to get this working with Org 5.13h, otherwise Org would just reinitialize `org-tag-alist' each time org-mode is run, i.e. each time a new Org buffer is open - including the remember buffer and regardless of the fact that `org-tag-alist' has been globally defined. Please try it and give me feedback. Thanks,