Hi Carsten and Org-crew, here's the promised refactoring of org-gnus.el: - Rename org-usenet-links-prefer-google to org-gnus-prefer-web-links - Make that option work for gmane - Only make weblinks if the article is in a newsgroup - Only make weblinks if the article has no X-No-Archive header There is little drawback: - Gnus stored some headers in an array and makes them instantly available. Unfortunately that doesn't apply to X-No-Archive, so I have to select and widen the article buffer and parse anew. But I guess that's not a real problem... So here's the patch: