Hello, org-mode! The attached file implements links to mail collections and "searchs" to the notmuch mail client. A "search" is a query to be performed by notmuch; it is the equivalent to folders in other mail clients. Similarly, mails are refered to by a query, so both a link can refer to several mails. I had read on this list (http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg28411.html) that there already was an implementation of links to notmuch, but it could not be implemented because of paperwork problems. I have implemented this because I got tired of waiting :) I'm new to hacking org-mode, and the implementation might not be perfect. I would be happy to receive comments. I already have one question: why is it needed to url-encode the links in org mode? For instance, I would like to be able to hand-write links like this: [[notmuch-search:to:xxx and not from:yyyy]] But it only works if I org-link-encode/org-link-decode the link (else, the and not .. is completely skipped from the query). Similarly, if I do (org-open-link-from-string "notmuch:id:\"7f39qo4aut.fsf@aeuaue.free.fr\"")) The last " gets removed in the argument I receive in org-notmuch-open. This is a pity because hand-writing url-encoded links is not user-friendly. PS: could you please Cc me because I am not subscribed to the list. Matthieu