* German date in LaTeX export [7.3]
@ 2011-02-13 17:02 phaebz
From: phaebz @ 2011-02-13 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have these org-options set for export:

#+LANGUAGE:  de
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[ngerman]{babel}

The usepackage line for babel is necessary, because Language: de is not recognized. With the above, I correctly get e.g. "Inhaltsverzeichnis" instead of "Contents". But the timestamp in the title remains the english one, namely "13 February 2011".

How do I change this? I did not find any option for this in the manual...

Thanks in advance

Michael Bach

* Re: German date in LaTeX export [7.3]
@ 2011-02-14  0:10 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-14  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: phaebz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Michael,

phaebz <phaebz@googlemail.com> writes:

> The usepackage line for babel is necessary, because Language: de is not
> recognized. With the above, I correctly get e.g. "Inhaltsverzeichnis"
> instead of "Contents". But the timestamp in the title remains the english
> one, namely "13 February 2011".

How did you set "the timestamp in the title"?  Through #+TITLE?  Through
#+DATE: ?  There is something I miss here.

 Bastien

* Re: German date in LaTeX export [7.3]
@ 2011-02-14  8:30   ` phaebz
From: phaebz @ 2011-02-14  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 02/14/2011 02:10 AM, Bastien wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> phaebz <phaebz@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> The usepackage line for babel is necessary, because Language: de is not
>> recognized. With the above, I correctly get e.g. "Inhaltsverzeichnis"
>> instead of "Contents". But the timestamp in the title remains the english
>> one, namely "13 February 2011".
> How did you set "the timestamp in the title"?  Through #+TITLE?  Through
> #+DATE: ?  There is something I miss here.
>
> Thanks,

I am sorry. I am relatively new to all this. Please be patient... "the timestamp in the title" referred to the LaTeX title. I did not set a timestamp via #+DATE: %d %B %Y, because I thought org would take care of that, as it does often. I read some more in the manual and understood that #+LANGUAGE:  de is only used for HTML export.

I thought #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[ngerman]{babel} would result in a german style \today macro in the corresponding LaTeX file.

I should have experimented more, i.e. read the LaTeX export file for hints, then I would have seen that the default #+DATE: option is indeed %d %B %Y, which gets expanded to 14 February 2011 and inserted literally into the LaTeX \date macro, since I use an english locale.

I now use #+DATE: \today and it works as expected.

Sorry for the noise, my posts often end up in a kind of self-helping experience, but hints are always appreciated. Thanks Bastien for the push.

@ 2011-02-14  8:47     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-14  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: phaebz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Michael,

phaebz <phaebz@googlemail.com> writes:

> I now use #+DATE: \today and it works as expected.

Good!

> Sorry for the noise, my posts often end up in a kind of self-helping
> experience, but hints are always appreciated. Thanks Bastien for the
> push.

You're welcome.  We are all patient here because we know it's often
a matter of better understanding what Org-mode *can* do, rather than
fixing bugs :)

--
 Bastien