* subscribe org list, but opt out from recieving mails.
@ 2011-04-01 18:30 Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2011-04-01 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear list,

I read orgmode list from gmane news group and I want to subscribe the
list to be able to post, but dont want to recieve any mails unless they
directs to my mail ID. is it possible??

Thanks,
Yagnesh
--
Chicken Little was right.

* Re: subscribe org list, but opt out from recieving mails.
@ 2011-04-01 18:44 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2011-04-01 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh@live.com> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> I read orgmode list from gmane news group and I want to subscribe the
> list to be able to post, but dont want to recieve any mails unless they
> directs to my mail ID. is it possible??

I believe you can post via gmane without being subscribed to the list
(this post being an example :) )

Robert

* Re: subscribe org list, but opt out from recieving mails.
@ 2011-04-01 19:04 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-04-01 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh@live.com> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> I read orgmode list from gmane news group and I want to subscribe the
> list to be able to post, but dont want to recieve any mails unless they
> directs to my mail ID. is it possible??

Try subscribing from. There is an option to achieve what you want.

@ 2011-04-01 19:24   ` Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2011-04-01 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Pluim; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Robert,

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh@live.com> writes:
>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I read orgmode list from gmane news group and I want to subscribe the
>> list to be able to post, but dont want to recieve any mails unless they
>> directs to my mail ID. is it possible??
>
> I believe you can post via gmane without being subscribed to the list
> (this post being an example :) )

Thanks, Fist I thought so, then I was afraid of giving manual work to the
moderators for spam verification. Thanks for the confirmation.

Yagnesh

--
Your supervisor is thinking about you.

* Re: subscribe org list, but opt out from recieving mails.
@ 2011-04-01 19:59     ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-04-01 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala; +Cc: Robert Pluim, emacs-orgmode

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh@live.com> writes:

> Hi Robert,
>
> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh@live.com> writes:
>>
>>> Dear list,
>>>
>>> I read orgmode list from gmane news group and I want to subscribe the
>>> list to be able to post, but dont want to recieve any mails unless they
>>> directs to my mail ID. is it possible??
>>
>> I believe you can post via gmane without being subscribed to the list
>> (this post being an example :) )
>
> Thanks, Fist I thought so, then I was afraid of giving manual work to the
> moderators for spam verification. Thanks for the confirmation.
>
> Yagnesh

Hi Yagnesh,

Yes you can do this.  That is how I am set up.  I read the list through
gmane (and Gnus) and am subscribed and set up to not receive email from
the list.  This allows posts by me to get to the list without requiring
moderation and I get to read the list the way that is most convenient
for me.

When someone does reply-all which includes my email address I get a copy
of that mail in my inbox and I'll definitely notice it and respond.
Posts intended for me but just sent only to the list may not be read for
long periods of time (read: days) so the author may not get a timely
response.

HTH,
Bernt

* Re: subscribe org list, but opt out from recieving mails.
@ 2011-04-01 20:55       ` Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala @ 2011-04-01 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bernt,
Thanks for the response.,

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh@live.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

>>> I believe you can post via gmane without being subscribed to the list
>>> (this post being an example :) )
>>
>> Thanks, Fist I thought so, then I was afraid of giving manual work to the
>> moderators for spam verification. Thanks for the confirmation.
>>
>> Yagnesh
>
> Hi Yagnesh,
>
> Yes you can do this.  That is how I am set up.  I read the list through
> gmane (and Gnus) and am subscribed and set up to not receive email from
> the list.  This allows posts by me to get to the list without requiring
> moderation and I get to read the list the way that is most convenient
> for me.
>
> When someone does reply-all which includes my email address I get a copy
> of that mail in my inbox and I'll definitely notice it and respond.
> Posts intended for me but just sent only to the list may not be read for
> long periods of time (read: days) so the author may not get a timely
> response.

Thanks I could do that. I didn't notice that there is an option to
login into the Mailman and change the subscription option.

BTW your org page is great. I feel sometimes it may take years for me to
reach the end of your document ;)

Thanks,
Yangesh.

--
You display the wonderful traits of charm and courtesy.

* Re: subscribe org list, but opt out from recieving mails.
@ 2011-04-01 21:52 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-04-01 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh@live.com> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> I read orgmode list from gmane news group and I want to subscribe the
> list to be able to post, but dont want to recieve any mails unless they
> directs to my mail ID. is it possible??

Please read the following FAQ:

Best,
Matt