* Reusing the same agenda view
@ 2011-05-12 22:13 Matthieu Lemerre
From: Matthieu Lemerre @ 2011-05-12 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello org-mode,

I have noticed a small thing that bothers me about agenda view: every
agenda command just resets the agenda buffer.

What I would really like to do is to start e.g. viewing my global todo
list, moving the point to where I would like to work, stop viewing the
todo list and getting to work, and then getting back to the global todo
list. Eventually while I am working, I might want to use other
org-agenda commands.

To get back to the global todo list, I usually relaunch this command as
it is so fast with org-agenda. But the point is lost and restored to the
beginning of the buffer.

 - Is it possible to always reuse the same todo list buffer, so that my
   point is not lost? I mean using the agenda dispatcher, because I
   could of course use switch-buffer but I don't think it is meant to be
   used that way.

 - Or as a fallback, is it is possible to put the point in some special
   place in the todo list using custom agenda commands?

 - Or is my use wrong?

Thanks
Matthieu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-05-12 22:05 UTC | newest]