From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: difficulty installing 7.9 with the new build system: org-version not informative
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 22:03:54 +0200	[thread overview]

Brian van den Broek writes:
> On 25 August 2012 13:24, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
> That does seem to fix the manifested problem. (make install-info seems
> to leave with with the 6.33x docs, but that's a problem for another
> day and thread, I expect.)

Then the configuration for the info directory is wrong (you install into
a different directory than what Emacs uses to find it).  Check where
Emacs picks up the old documentation and change the configuration so
that the new info file goes where the old was.  If you have multiple
info directories set up, check that your place of installation comes
first.

> Sorry for the verbosity.

No need to be sorry, I didn't mean to say you wrote too much… just that
you could have saved yourself some time that way.

> I would suggest that the installation instructions at
> <http://orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html#Installation> be updated,
> as there one finds nothing about the need for ORGVERSION and
> GITVERSION arguments to make.

I hadn't really considered installation from tarballs down to that
detail.  I may just add some code to recognize that situation and put
the version information into the tarball itself.

Regards,
Achim.