Eric Abrahamsen writes: > Achim Gratz writes: > >> Eric Abrahamsen writes: >>> Yes, org-string-width eventually calls string-width, so that behaves >>> "correctly" as far as it goes [...] And more, this time to prevent errors when using column-narrowing cookies on columns containing peculiar-width strings. It's still going to look weird, often as not, but this will at least prevent blowups. I'm providing two possible patches. One is a one-liner that does the trick but produces ugly results. The other goes a wee bit overboard, but looks a little better. I offer either, or neither, for consideration. Eric