* tangle multiple code blocks belonging to the same file
@ 2013-02-22  5:41 Not To Miss
From: Not To Miss @ 2013-02-22  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I know C-u C-c C-v t tangles current code block only, even if there are
other code blocks that have the same tangle file name. Isn't it
counterintuitive? It makes more sense that this command tangles all the
code blocks that belongs to the same file, in my opinion. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Zech

* Re: tangle multiple code blocks belonging to the same file
@ 2013-02-27  8:59 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-27  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Not To Miss; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, schulte eric

Hi Zech,

Not To Miss <not.to.miss@gmail.com> writes:

> I know C-u C-c C-v t tangles current code block only, even if there
> are other code blocks that have the same tangle file name. Isn't it
> counterintuitive? It makes more sense that this command tangles all
> the code blocks that belongs to the same file, in my opinion. Any
> other ideas?

Maybe `C-u C-u C-c C-v t' could tangle blocks from the same target
file, so that we don't need to change users' habits with `C-u C-c C-v t'.

But for now IIURC it is not possible to collect blocks for the same
target file.  I think it would be a very nice addition.

Eric, would that be difficult to implement?  Or maybe I miss it in the
code and we just need a keybinding for this?

Thanks for the suggestion,

--
 Bastien

* Re: tangle multiple code blocks belonging to the same file
@ 2013-03-02 15:11 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-02 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Not To Miss; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Zech,

Not To Miss <not.to.miss@gmail.com> writes:

> I know C-u C-c C-v t tangles current code block only, even if there
> are other code blocks that have the same tangle file name. Isn't it
> counterintuitive? It makes more sense that this command tangles all
> the code blocks that belongs to the same file, in my opinion. Any
> other ideas?

You can now tangle all blocks belonging to the target file of the
block at point with `C-u C-u C-c C-v t' -- thanks for suggesting
this.

Best,

--
 Bastien