From: Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bug in export orgtbl / LaTeX
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 13:29:01 -0400	[thread overview]

AW <alexander.willand@t-online.de> writes:

> Puuuuuuuuush?!

With infinite force? But you are probably pushing against an immovable
wall :-)

>> Hi!
>>
>> If I try to use orgtbl-mode in this file and export the orgtbl block inside
>> the comment environment to the RECEIVE ORGTBL area, the LaTeX-file will not
>> compile, because the numbering in the org-table is exported as
>>
>> \begin{enumerate}
>> \item installment
>> \end{enumerate}
>>
>> I'd say that inside tabulars numbers like "1." should not be considered as a
>> part of a numbered list.

Things like this would make the syntax complicated and unpredictable
(there is an old romantic comedy about tourists going on a bus tour of
Europe, entitled "If this is Tuesday, this must be Belgium" - that's
what popped into my head when I read your suggestion :-)

Nicolas has the last word of course, but if I were a betting man, I'd
bet that you won't get your wish.

--
Nick