* help me get started with org-publish?
@ 2013-10-24  4:07 Jay Dixit
From: Jay Dixit @ 2013-10-24  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to set up org-publish for HTML export and I keep getting strange
errors related to org-footnote-normalize.
https://gist.github.com/7131173

Anyone have any thoughts? Eventually I'd like to get org-publish working
via tramp and web.

My goal is to create a blog and post updates to it via org-mode. Thanks!

* Re: help me get started with org-publish?
@ 2013-11-04 11:50 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-04 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jay Dixit; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jay,

Jay Dixit <jaydixit.work@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to set up org-publish for HTML export and I keep getting
> strange errors related to org-footnote-normalize.
> https://gist.github.com/7131173

Do you also get errors when *exporting*, not publishing?

If so, can you send a minimal example of the file you can't
export, along with your Org version and configuration?

 Bastien

* Re: help me get started with org-publish?
@ 2013-11-07 22:48   ` Jay Dixit
From: Jay Dixit @ 2013-11-07 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

Good to hear from you. Thanks for the response.

Exporting to HTML works fine. I get errors only with org-publish.

Here's my latest attempt:
https://gist.github.com/jaydixit/7363158

 I'm running on OSX running Aquamacs 2.5 (Emacs 23.4.1) and org-mode 8.2.1.

Here's my org-publish configuration. I believe it comes from a tutorial you
put up somewhere.

(setq org-publish-project-alist
      '(("blog"
         :base-directory "~/blog-test/"
         :html-extension "html"
         :base-extension "org"
         :publishing-directory "~/public_html/"
         :publishing-function (org-html-publish-to-html)
         :html-preamble nil
         :html-postamble nil)))

Thanks,
Jay

____

Jay Dixit
jaydixit.com
newyorkwritersintensive.com
(646) 355-8001
fol­low @jaydixit <https://twitter.com/jaydixit/>
Jay Dixit

@ 2013-11-08  5:38     ` Robert Klein
From: Robert Klein @ 2013-11-08  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jay Dixit, Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I don't put parentheses around org-heml-publish-to-html.

The rest of the configuration looks Ok to me.

Can you show us a (minimal) example file you want to publish?

Thanks and best regards
Robert

@ 2013-11-08  7:44     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-08  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jay Dixit; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jay,

Jay Dixit <dixit@aya.yale.edu> writes:

> Here's my org-publish configuration. I believe it comes from a
> tutorial you put up somewhere.

(Yes, from here: http://bzg.fr/blogging-from-emacs.html)

I suspect the problem comes from smex.el -- did you load it?
http://ergoemacs.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/packages/smex.el

Can you try removing this and see if you can publish?

 Bastien

* Re: help me get started with org-publish?
@ 2013-11-12  5:33       ` Jay Dixit
From: Jay Dixit @ 2013-11-12  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

Thanks. I disabled smex, and now when I m-x org-publish, I get:

Publishing file /Users/jay/blog-test/my-blog.org using
`org-html-publish-to-html'
org-html-publish-to-html: Wrong number of arguments: #[(format plist
filename pub-dir) "ÆÇ!ˆÈ !„

Thanks,
Jay

____

@ 2013-11-12  5:55         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-12  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jay Dixit; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jay,

Jay Dixit <dixit@aya.yale.edu> writes:

> Thanks. I disabled smex, and now when I m-x org-publish, I get:
>
> Publishing file /Users/jay/blog-test/my-blog.org using
> `org-html-publish-to-html'
> org-html-publish-to-html: Wrong number of arguments: #[(format plist
> filename pub-dir) "ÆÇ!ˆÈ !„

That's weird.  Something must be broken in your configuration.

How did you install Org?  Through git or through ELPA?

Can you reproduce the problem with only one test small file file from
your publishing directory, and the bare minimum Org config?  Also
testing with an uncompiled Org will help getting a more readable
backtrace.

 Bastien

* Re: help me get started with org-publish?
@ 2013-11-12 12:23           ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-11-12 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Jay,
>
> Jay Dixit <dixit@aya.yale.edu> writes:
>
>> Thanks. I disabled smex, and now when I m-x org-publish, I get:
>>
>> Publishing file /Users/jay/blog-test/my-blog.org using
>> `org-html-publish-to-html'
>> org-html-publish-to-html: Wrong number of arguments: #[(format plist
>> filename pub-dir) "ÆÇ!ˆÈ !„
>
> That's weird.  Something must be broken in your configuration.
>
> How did you install Org?  Through git or through ELPA?
>
> Can you reproduce the problem with only one test small file file from
> your publishing directory, and the bare minimum Org config?  Also
> testing with an uncompiled Org will help getting a more readable
> backtrace.

ISTR that Jay had parentheses around org-html-publish-to-html in his
template, thereby making it (wrongly) into a function call. Somebody (don't
remember who, sorry) pointed that out but maybe it's worth bringing it
up again.

--
Nick

* Re: help me get started with org-publish?
@ 2013-11-12 12:26             ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-12 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> ISTR that Jay had parentheses around org-html-publish-to-html in his
> template, thereby making it (wrongly) into a function call. Somebody (don't
> remember who, sorry) pointed that out but maybe it's worth bringing it
> up again.

Yep, I remember Robert Klein suggested this, but parentheses here are
fine, :publishing-function can be set to a list of functions (even if
there is just one function in the list!)

So... I guess we still need more info!

--
 Bastien

* Re: help me get started with org-publish?
@ 2013-11-12 13:25               ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-11-12 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> ISTR that Jay had parentheses around org-html-publish-to-html in his
>> template, thereby making it (wrongly) into a function call. Somebody (don't
>> remember who, sorry) pointed that out but maybe it's worth bringing it
>> up again.
>
> Yep, I remember Robert Klein suggested this, but parentheses here are
> fine, :publishing-function can be set to a list of functions (even if
> there is just one function in the list!)

Ah, OK - I forgot about that. Sorry about the noise.

> So... I guess we still need more info!

Yes, a backtrace would be nice.

--
Nick