On Tuesday, 13 May 2014 at 20:28, John Kitchin wrote: > interesting. I do have auxtex installed, but I don't think I configure it > anywhere. I do require reftex and reftex-cite in my init files. I also set > the default reftex bibliography. > > (setq reftex-default-bibliography > '("~/Dropbox/bibliography/references.bib")) > > I will try to reproduce this tomorrow. Hi John, In case this helps, if I start emacs with -q and evaluate the contents of emacs-minimal.el (attached) and then visit orgref.org (attached), I can insert a reference (references.bib also attached) but the resulting latex doesn't work because bibtex complains about missing bibstyle. If I add the LaTeX directive to specify the bibliography style (as the attached file has), everthing works. This includes C-u C-c ] asking for type of citation. How do I specify the bibstyle for org-ref? When I say that everything works, it works with this minimal configuration but not yet in my full configuration. But that's my problem. Somehow, I am making the latex exporter not handle cite: links. Very strange. I'll get back to you on this in due course! I am actually using Emacs 24.4, not 24.3. I'm tracking emacs-snapshot which is the development version as I like to live dangerously ;-) thanks again for org-ref, eric -- : Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.2, Org release_8.2.6-958-g7c8559-git