* Bug: Buffer restriction lost with org-agenda-sticky enabled
@ 2014-09-28  0:25 Thomas Morgan
From: Thomas Morgan @ 2014-09-28  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear Org mode hackers,

I discovered a bug where refreshing a sticky agenda view
can cause a buffer restriction to be lost.

I'm using the maint branch of Org-mode
version 8.2.7c (`release_8.2.7c-85-g4f4002')
and GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (`x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu',
X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars).

I started Emacs with the command `emacs -Q -l setup.el'
(file `setup.el' is attached).  Note that `org-agenda-sticky'
is set in `setup.el'.

I then visited the file `foo.org' (attached): `C-x C-f foo.org RET'.

Then I made a list of TODO items in the current file:
`M-x org-agenda RET < t'.  It appeared as expected like this:

,----
| Global list of TODO items of type: ALL
| Available with `N r': (0)[ALL]
|   foo:        TODO Foo                                                     :foo:
`----

Next I made a list of headlines (in all files) matching the tag `bar':
`M-x org-agenda RET m bar RET'.  It appeared as expected like this:

,----
| Headlines with TAGS match: bar
| Press `C-u r' to search again with new search string
|   bar:        TODO Bar                                                     :bar:
`----

Then I quit the second agenda buffer (the tags query) with `q',
which reselected the first agenda buffer without refreshing it.

I then refreshed the TODO list with `g'.  It appeared like this:

,----
| Global list of TODO items of type: ALL
| Available with `N r': (0)[ALL] (1)TODO (2)DONE
|   foo:        TODO Foo                                                     :foo:
|   bar:        TODO Bar                                                     :bar:
`----

It was evidently no longer restricted to the file `foo.org'.
I expected the restriction would continue to apply.

Best,

Thomas