Something has happened to my list of footnotes which are now numbered in order of 1,2,3, etc, instead of its more normal 50, 49, 48, etc. I don't know exactly when it happened but I'm not able now to export my document to latex because its looking for [fn:1] at the bottom of the list but [fn:1] is now at the top of the list! So how can I reorder the list please? I've googled but without success. Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian 8.4, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 25.0.93