* Public TODO agendas
@ 2017-11-17  4:48 David Arroyo Menendez
From: David Arroyo Menendez @ 2017-11-17  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I would like share my public agenda and read public agendas of another
worgers, perhaps we can share our agendas in a git repository, or from
different sources linked from worgers.org. Are there more people
interested in this idea?

Thanks in advance!

* Re: Public TODO agendas
@ 2017-11-17  8:26 ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2017-11-17  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Arroyo Menendez; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear David,

    David> I would like share my public agenda and read public agendas
    David> of another worgers, perhaps we can share our agendas in a git
    David> repository, or from different sources linked from
    David> worgers.org. Are there more people interested in this idea?

Have you looked at 'org-secretary' in ../contrib/lisp/?

Best wishes

--
Colin Baxter
m43cap@yandex.com

* Re: Public TODO agendas
@ 2017-11-19 16:10   ` David Arroyo Menendez
From: David Arroyo Menendez @ 2017-11-19 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Baxter; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Colin,

org-secretary seems designed to manage teams. I want read agendas of
org-mode users, friends ... In Barcelona Supercomputing Center all
people is sharing the agendas to stimulate to the people to collaborate
in good ideas, I like this methodology, but I prefer use org-mode. Many
people in org-mode is connected with the science or creative
programming, perhaps is a good idea share the agenda between us.

Thanks!

* Re: Public TODO agendas
@ 2017-11-19 16:23     ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2017-11-19 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Arroyo Menendez; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

    David> Hello Colin,

    David> org-secretary seems designed to manage teams. I want read
    David> agendas of org-mode users, friends ... In Barcelona
    David> Supercomputing Center all people is sharing the agendas to
    David> stimulate to the people to collaborate in good ideas, I like
    David> this methodology, but I prefer use org-mode. Many people in
    David> org-mode is connected with the science or creative
    David> programming, perhaps is a good idea share the agenda between
    David> us.

Ok - best of luck in finding what you want.

Best wishes,

--

@ 2017-11-19 19:54     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-11-19 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Arroyo Menendez; +Cc: Colin Baxter, emacs-orgmode

On Sunday, 19 Nov 2017 at 11:10, David Arroyo Menendez wrote:
> Hello Colin,
>
> org-secretary seems designed to manage teams. I want read agendas of
> org-mode users, friends ... In Barcelona Supercomputing Center all
> people is sharing the agendas to stimulate to the people to collaborate
> in good ideas, I like this methodology, but I prefer use org-mode. Many
> people in org-mode is connected with the science or creative
> programming, perhaps is a good idea share the agenda between us.

I guess one approach could be to make specific agenda files available on
a remote server and use tramp syntax to add these files to the
org-agenda-files variable?  (untested)  Of course, this would be limited
to those access methods defined for tramp, i.e. ssh in practice, which
might be quite limiting.

A more general approach would be to export your agenda to Google's
calendar or equivalent and share that and import any shared calendar
using an ical access to these.  This is possible (my wife and I share our
calendars that way) but not purely org.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.3-162-gde289d

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Public TODO agendas
@ 2017-11-20 13:13       ` numbchild
From: numbchild @ 2017-11-20 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Arroyo Menendez, Colin Baxter, Org-mode

I have similar function requirement. Based on your TRAMP method, I think
remote file are just can be transported through any protocols like HTTP,
for example remote file like http://example.org/test.org can be downloaded,
then append to org-agenda files list. This is just an rough idea.

[stardiviner]           <Hack this world!>      GPG key ID: 47C32433
IRC(freeenode): stardiviner                     Twitter:  @numbchild
Key fingerprint = 9BAA 92BC CDDD B9EF 3B36  CB99 B8C4 B8E5 47C3 2433
Blog: http://stardiviner.github.io/

@ 2017-11-20 13:28         ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-11-20 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: numbchild@gmail.com; +Cc: Colin Baxter, David Arroyo Menendez, Org-mode

On Monday, 20 Nov 2017 at 21:13, numbchild@gmail.com wrote:
> I have similar function requirement. Based on your TRAMP method, I think
> remote file are just can be transported through any protocols like HTTP,
> for example remote file like http://example.org/test.org can be downloaded,
> then append to org-agenda files list. This is just an rough idea.

I am not sure this is possible.  If I try http: as the protocol, tramp
tells me that only localhost is allowed.  Maybe I do not have tramp
configured properly?

--

@ 2017-11-20 21:07           ` Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2017-11-20 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: Colin Baxter, David Arroyo Menendez, Org-mode

I don't think tramp will work in this way, at least not without some
sort of special client running on the remote http server and
modifications to tramp to work with that client. The HTTP protocol will
not easily fit with tramp - in fact, it is such a big 'disconnect'
between tramp and http, you really would be trying to push a round peg
into a square hole. It would be far easier to use other built-in bits of
Emacs functionality along with some sort of remote http service agent to
satisfy this use case (assuming you want bi-directional updates
i.e. pull down an org file, update and push back up - just pulling down
the file and appending it would be easy enough, but going the other way
adds a lot of additional complexity).

Perhaps this is more something which could fit in with mobile org
efforts?

Tim

--
Tim Cross

* Re: Public TODO agendas
@ 2017-11-21  8:36             ` numbchild
From: numbchild @ 2017-11-21  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Cross; +Cc: Eric S Fraga, Colin Baxter, David Arroyo Menendez, Org-mode

Maybe just use an auto sync solution like Dropbox, WebDAV etc?
And add a hook on `after-save-hook` to auto export org file to HTML, then
sync HTML files.
Somewhere hosting those HTML files can be viewed. and editing those
original org files directly.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 5:07 AM, Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think tramp will work in this way, at least not without some
> sort of special client running on the remote http server and
> modifications to tramp to work with that client. The HTTP protocol will
> not easily fit with tramp - in fact, it is such a big 'disconnect'
> between tramp and http, you really would be trying to push a round peg
> into a square hole. It would be far easier to use other built-in bits of
> Emacs functionality along with some sort of remote http service agent to
> satisfy this use case (assuming you want bi-directional updates
> i.e. pull down an org file, update and push back up - just pulling down
> the file and appending it would be easy enough, but going the other way
> adds a lot of additional complexity).
>
> Perhaps this is more something which could fit in with mobile org
> efforts?
>
> Tim
>

> Eric S Fraga <esflists@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Monday, 20 Nov 2017 at 21:13, numbchild@gmail.com wrote:
> >> I have similar function requirement. Based on your TRAMP method, I think
> >> remote file are just can be transported through any protocols like HTTP,
> >> for example remote file like http://example.org/test.org can be
> downloaded,
> >> then append to org-agenda files list. This is just an rough idea.
> >
> > I am not sure this is possible.  If I try http: as the protocol, tramp
> > tells me that only localhost is allowed.  Maybe I do not have tramp
> > configured properly?
>

> --
> Tim Cross

* Re: Public TODO agendas
@ 2017-11-21 21:29             ` Tim Landscheidt
From: Tim Landscheidt @ 2017-11-21 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think tramp will work in this way, at least not without some
> sort of special client running on the remote http server and
> modifications to tramp to work with that client. The HTTP protocol will
> not easily fit with tramp - in fact, it is such a big 'disconnect'
> between tramp and http, you really would be trying to push a round peg
> into a square hole. It would be far easier to use other built-in bits of
> Emacs functionality along with some sort of remote http service agent to
> satisfy this use case (assuming you want bi-directional updates
> i.e. pull down an org file, update and push back up - just pulling down
> the file and appending it would be easy enough, but going the other way
> adds a lot of additional complexity).

> […]

To point out what "easy enough" in Emacs means (for
read-only access): M-x url-handler-mode RET, C-x C-f
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/ RET :-).

Tim

* Re: Public TODO agendas
@ 2017-11-30 12:55 ` Adonay Felipe Nogueira
From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira @ 2017-11-30 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I think one could make use of file synchronization server-and-client
software such as Rsync, SFTP (through OpenSSH) or Samba; or even some
version control system such as Git or Subversion, whice the version
control systems make collaboration easier and controllable through
access controls. Samba also allows control through access control but
you might have to set real user accounts in your system for making
changes in Samba.

Although I don't know if this would work in practice, another method
would be make use of the Library of Babel ("Org Babel"?) and make a
source code block that fetches specific events from known public Org
mode files). This would require a scripting language that is allowed to
run a file downloader, open the file and extract parts of it --- or
(optionally) call the Org mode function that extracts parts of files in
"#+include", but from the downloaded file ---, and also would require
the agenda processing to happen after the Babel block was done. I don't
know if this is currently possible, but I repeat that it would be an
interesting test.

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com