From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@sbs.ch>
To: Timm Lichte <timm.lichte@mailbox.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Org mode for meeting minutes
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 11:04:01 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Timm

Timm Lichte writes:

> Just for your amusement: I've developed a very different but effective
> way of taking minutes with org-mode that uses just lists and
> enumerations. I have been using this solution for more than a year on
> a daily basis and I'm really happy with it (and colleagues don't
> complain). Speed, simplicity and readability for non-emacsers is
> critical in my job, so the solutions you are proposing would be
> overkill.

This is really interesting! I can see that you are very efficient with
this. I think my solution is more using the standard org-mode
infrastructure, I don't define any export for example.

> You can have a look at the style and code here:
>
>   https://github.com/timmli/org-minutes-dev

If I understand correctly you are defining some kind of extra list
markup (is something a task or a decision, etc) and the you wrote a
custom exporter that produces fancy LaTeX for the minutes (well, if I
understand correctly it really is a custom exporter that generates
org-mode and then LaTeX from there).

I don't quite understand how the LaTeX works. Is this some kind of two
column layout or do you keep the action item markers and the assignees
in the margin? Can you post the produced LaTeX?

> Any feedback is greatly appreciated. But keep in mind that the code is
> not polished at all -- this is a hobby project of an elisp dilettante.

It would be good to package this. The code would get more usage and
you'd get more feedback.

Thanks
Christian

--