Eric S Fraga writes: > It's not a crazy idea but one which misses one of the best > features of > org mode: it is part of Emacs. For me, a markup language is not > so > exciting: we have plenty of them. What makes org mode powerful > is that > it is infinitely customizable by being part of Emacs. I can add > code, > change existing code, advice code, etc. The org I use is not > the org > others use, as a result. I have wondered whether it might be viable to create a LSP client by putting Emacs /inside/ the LSP client. Checking ~ls -lh /usr/bin/emacs-nox~ I am told that my terminal-only Emacs client is 5.3 MiB. This seems nice and small. Hence, any and all concerns about feature parity etc. are completely resolved. One 'just' needs to implement the bindings and piping (as opposed to the whole shebang). Maybe this is the real 'crazy idea' in this thread :P Hopefully it's of some interest :) All the best, Timothy.