Jean Louis writes: > * Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide [2020-11-24 21:51]: >> >> Jean Louis writes: >> >> The start of the local variables list should be no more than 3000 >> >> > characters from the end of the file >> >> >> >> >> >> Given the length of the email, I guess this is why Emacs saw the variables >> >> as being within the correct range. >> > >> > Yes thank you. I was thinking Emacs will do that only in files where >> > it recognizes some comments or no comments and that variables need >> > to be pretty down in the file, on the bottom. Now I learn it is not >> > so. >> > >> > That is security issue. >> >> Why is it a security issue? The variables do need to be close to the end >> — 3000 characters is only about 50 lines. > > Emacs users, Org users on our mailing lists are not so private. Their > names and email addresses are in the public database. Spammer can > construct phishing type of an email, including something like Org news > or something and send such email to users. Among let us say 3000 > people there will be percentage of users that will say Y to invoke the > local variables due to lack of knowing what is it doing to computer. That isn’t what I meant with my question. What I meant is: Why is it a security issue that the variable cannot only be at the exact end of the file but instead can be in the last 3000 characters of the file? Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken